Week of Post Email-Mania Comedown




It's not me, it's you; I think we should take some space; I've found somebody else. Let's be facebook official; Gerrit Rietveld, we're not going to work out.

 Due to a surprising turn of events, it looks like things just aren't going to come together in time to be able to attend the Rietveld Acadmie this year. It's not so much a surprise as it's just one of those cold, hard realities you have to face every once in a while.

 "Shout out to anxiety, for always mentally preparing me for the worst possible outcomes. Sometimes it's worth the energy!"

-the girl who's always mentally exhausted 


The hard reality is as follows: I can't legally work in Canada to support myself for exchange, my out-of-pocket tuition situation has ran out of pocket, and my student counselor decided I was more of an inconvenience than a worthy cause.


That said, I've made three big decisions:


1. To postpone my third year at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie until the academic year of 2019-2020



2. To live, work, and save based out of Arizona.



3. To try to start a serious side hustle and make money from my artwork.





As you can imagine, it's not the most pleasant and easy thing to do-- taking longer, being slower, feeling held back by my economic standing. But I think it has some advantages too-- I'll continue to go through life as I have been: gaining lots of work experience and trying to get a higher education without any student debt.




The photos in this post are from my continued self-education in photography and film. They're little monuments; proof for myself that the process of learning, of creating, is something that stays with me regardless of institutions, finances, and location. The struggle continues, but so does so many other beautiful things.

To conclude:

Dear friends, family, loosely connected internet community, and seemingly impossible dreams;

Let's stay friends, let's be in touch.




Comments

Popular Posts